Netflix's "Love Is Blind": A Review

Love is Blind is a show where people get engaged before seeing each other. The show is supposed to remove all superficiality. In this modern world of Kim Kardashian, big butt and small waist have become a trend and this show is designed to remove physical appearance. Production removes cellphones and all outside distractions for a real connection. The show is great because of the life lessons. A lot of 30 year olds and 20 year olds are having a hard time dating because many don’t realize that their Instagram, vanity and instant gratification prevent them from getting married. A healthy relationship requires time and energy.

Watching LIB, some of them find love and many fail miserably because they fail to change. The show is entertaining because humans love drama that doesn’t pertain to them. And watching the show, one wonders where production find these people. One guy made it so obvious that he did not find his partner attractive that he came off as one of the biggest jerks on reality show history saying she reminds him of his aunt. 

I watch a lot of Netflix from complex documentaries to silly shows. I started with Love Is Blind because that’s the show I’m currently watching but I will cover many shows that I like here. I watch it because I learn to be better by watching what not to do in a marriage. It makes me sad that some of the new generations of people don’t realize how distracting Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, etc. are to their relationships. But it’s funny and very entertaining and I quickly forget the little sad part. 

Other countries like Japan and Brazil have their versions of LIB which I also recommend. Japan was like a fairy tale and I learned so much about their culture.
 
I give Love Is Blind 9/10 stars. I would have given it a 10, but every season gets worse. Does that mean every season I’ll take 1 star off? No. My rating will remain 9. I still love the show and get a kick out of it, but nothing can top season 1, but with Netflix at the wheel, they might just be able to top season 1. So get your hot tea, your juice, your wine, your water or whatever you drink and I hope you enjoy the show! 


Comments