Talking Smack (Bold & Beautiful)

It’s not that I think what Will Smith did to Chris Rock is not assault, I hate hearing people talk about it. I wish Twitter and society would get off their high horse. I feel like people, especially Hollywood (looking at you, Jim Carrey) are using Will Smith as a shield for their sins. They think people will forget them for a few weeks or maybe years while they point to this black man. Do you know how many white males have assaulted women or men and they still get to frolic in Hollywood? Stop using Birth Of A Nation to act like black men are scary. Black men are no scarier than white males I’ve met. What Will Smith did was human and an error. We have anger and that’s an emotion. People speak about anger like it does not exist. Wait until 2050 for the robots, but for now we are human beings and humans get angry sometimes. 
Should anger be managed/tamed? Absolutely! Can he get a break? Yes to that too. I’m tired of seeing white males on their white thrones talking about Will Smith like white males don’t make mistakes. Ha! They’re using this moment almost like See why we don’t invite them places when really it’s  the coverup of years of guilt. Will Smith is one of the least scary people on earth. There was a story on the news about a coworker who invited a black man to a cabin and shot him. 
 
That’s scary. That’s disturbing. The obsession over black people is disturbing. 
 
Would all the white men in Hollywood talking now speak as much if this was not a black man? Because I cannot find any quotes from Jim Carrey about other assaults in Hollywood. I’ve watched so many Jim Carrey movies and watch him for so long because I like him. So yes, I even follow interviews from celebrities I like. If deep within you you’re talking about Will Smith because you care about assault and believe that should not be tolerated then you’re a good person. If you’re speaking about Will Smith because you’re using him as a shield so the spotlight will not shine on your sin or guilt then you’re a horrible human being.
 
I’ve seen a lot of think pieces on what happened. Although they were gorgeous, I did not see the words "In My Opinion". I’m not in Jim Carrey’s head or any of these white Hollywood people who have felt the need to comment on Will Smith such as Jay Leno,  etc. I cannot say that these men are racists or guilty. I can only speak from my assumption based on my experience of hearing white men’s opinions over the years. Although I may be wrong about Jim Carrey’s motives, I am not wrong that there are many examples of where men showing anger in Hollywood and assaulting others while getting to keep all their privileges. We have to get to a point in society where there is an exact punishment for everyone. 

Until then as a Black person I will cry foul.  

I'm not overlooking the hypocrisy of the "fragile"  Hollywood white women (Amy Schumer, etc) who've felt compelled to condemn Will Smith while protecting their triggernometry.  Frankly and in my opinion, when it comes to Black-on-Black anything, these Hollywood people who feel the intrinsic need to react and preach should all instead STFU and listen to Black people speak. We don't want nor need their input until then, and especially until they are ready to address and accept their own culpability in the macro circumstances and environment that bred, incubated and exacerbated this situation. Just stop, look and listen before you speak.  





Comments