There is Dignity in Poverty






Chances are that I will never win the lottery. At 36 years old, I may never become a major professional like a lawyer or a doctor, but my dignity does not come from my title. My dignity comes from knowing that I am a person, I belong on this earth or organism, I matter, and that I'm no less than a doctor. Sure I will never contribute as much as a doctor can in terms of saving lives, but I belong here. I belong here because I did not ask to be born. I belong here because God put me here. I may not be a doctor, I may not have a signature, but I AM.

I do play the lottery. I play with the hopes to get Navient off my back. I play to afford to go to the doctor more often for preventive care. I play not for happiness, but for less stress. I think you can be stressed and still be happy.

So if you are waiting for money in order to travel then you are not using your imagination. There are so many parks. There are so many buses. There are so many trains. If you are reading this then you have access to internet, so you likely have access to a park. Fly a kite. Have fun. There are plenty of happy poor people in the world. Poverty is not a disease. Do I want to move up in the world? Hell yes...

I'm told I carry myself with dignity like it's a bad thing. Why is it foreign to carry myself with dignity simply because I am poor? I get so confused when people think that poverty means being a cockroach with low self-esteem. They act like they did something wrong in order to be poor, so they run around fighting to keep their daily bread with the very people who are just like them. But, you are not a cockroach. So you'll hear people say they are nothing or you are nothing, but you are very much something. Everything is interconnected and the people who do not understand are naive AF.

I do not have to look like Halle Berry to dress nicely. I do not have to be super intelligent to read. I do not have to be a runner to eat well. Quality of life is simply because if life is shitty, then you might have 80 years to live as shit. Why would I do that to myself? I have a long time to live, so why wouldn't I want it to be the best? I am not trying to leave behind a legacy, but 80 years of living is a long time not to make the best of it. So if you have to go to Dollar Tree to buy your Christmas decoration, then buy them at Dollar Tree. You can make a whole lot happen for yourself with very little. While everyone looks up for God to rescue them, and although He is Almighty, work with what you have. 

Comments

PAUL said…
ALL THANKS TO DR WILLIAMS WITH HIS HERB MY WIFE WAS COMPLETELY CURED FROM FIBROID.
Is my pleasure to comment on this site and i thank the admin of this site for his/her great work so far.one of the happiest moment in life is when you see your own wife put to bed.this awesome moments makes you a man, I really don't know how to thank DR WILLIAMS for helping my wife get cured for over how many year of suffering from FIBROID. i came across DR Williams contact through a headline news on internet about how DR Williams help a woman to get cured of her fibroid and so many other with myoma and similar body problem ,i contacted him and he told me how to get his herb,few day later he sent me the herbal portion which my wife take every morning for 21 days, and his medicine was able to shrike the fibroid naturally,and now my wife is pregnant for our second child, and now she very mush okay without any side effects whatsoever, If you have fibroid, you can contact him on his email address drwilliams098675@gmail.com for advice and for his product.