Mom & Terry's Birthday


Today is Mom & Terry's birthday. I had planned on writing something deep and emotional, but for some reason I didn't. Perhaps what I wrote earlier said much of what I would have said on this occasion, or perhaps what I intended to say didn't jibe with what I should say.

I went to Uncle Woodrow's home today and it wasn't until I was ready to leave that it occurred to me to remind him. It's not that we forgot; how can you forget them? It's probably more to the effect that I don't feel morbid about it, especially on their birthday. I am sad; there have been many changes and experiences in my life even in the past year that I wish I could sit down and share with them. Still, I'm happy and very proud of them and what they brought into the world.

The picture above was taken from either 1986 or 1987 when we were about to go out to dinner; Terry on the left and Mom on the right. In my family, we have rather hearty laughs, and aside from myself, rather nice smiles when we open our mouths. Looking at these pictures, I'm reminded of life and how much spirit and fun we all had when we all got together in one place. I also love how surrounded by nature we were; or so it implies. You'd never see so many trees in a residential development as you would in our neighborhood, which was formerly part of a huge apple orchard in a past life. Thus, our neighborhood was called Orchard Homes, and we lived on Orchard Drive.

From what I understand, the house is no longer there; a different house stands in it's place. Same as me. Happy Birthday, Mom & Terry... I miss you.

Comments