Now I Get It: Mater Sings "Oom Papa Mou Mou"

I was walking along a pathway on Riverside Drive in Manhattan (right by the Boat Basin in fact), pretty mad about how the film I was PAing for was experiencing its recurrent logistical problems with location when it struck me, for no apparent reason: Mater from "Cars" doing a rendition of "Oom Papa Mau Mau" as he bragged about being the best at doing, would be extremely twisted. It would also be extremely expensive for Pixar to recreate in their award-winning style of animation, so I'm not surprised they only referred to it. Nevertheless, the thought made me laugh out loud so long and hard, I was nearly arrested by the extras posing as police nearby, waiting for a much-bigger-budget production to begin in the same location we were already filming in. Now do you get it?

I often break out in laughter days after witnessing or hearing something that I didn't necessarily understand at the time. And I'm told that I do the same to other people, so it's a wash. Actually, this is a diversionary epiphany, which happens very often when you're mad about recurring issues you have no control over. Oh, I'll post my ill dreams another time, but I just thought I'd share that. >;)

Comments